￼14 Car Rental Tips That Will Save You From Common Mistakes
Each person strives to gain independence, use maximum efficiency from performing certain tasks and functions in a short period of time, and also leave time for rest.
Being in a big city forces people to get work done quickly. But it doesn’t always work out. Very often, public transport or a taxi can let you down at the most inopportune moment. In Los Angeles, this dilemma is especially relevant, and only having your own vehicle will help you cope with it. In its absence, the problem can be solved with the help of under 25 car rental Los Angeles, which is very popular today. However, it is important to know how to rent a car properly.
Read below for information about what is required for this and find valuable tips that will save you from common mistakes.
To rent a car, you need the following:
- Provide the necessary documents. You will need a driver’s license, passport, and name credit card with sufficient balance to rent a car. Some companies do not accept debit cards;
- Sign the contract. After signing the rental agreement, the amount of money on your card for the service will be blocked. The deposit will be frozen. It can range from $100 to $2,000, depending on the class of the car. Sometimes, for renting expensive cars, the car rental company requires two cards for a deposit. You can reduce the amount of the deposit by purchasing additional insurance. After you hand over the vehicle, the company will unlock the deposit, and the money will be returned to your card. Only the cost of renting a car will be deducted from the money.
When using an under 25 car rental service in Los Angeles, follow important tips that will allow you to avoid common mistakes:
- After signing the contract, you must accept the car. Do not forget the keys and documents because you will not be able to use the vehicle without them;
- Check all the damage that is on the car with the act of acceptance and transfer from the rental company. If you find defects that are not in the act, ask to record them. It is important to look closely at the glass and tires/wheels. If you see the damage, let the company employee know about it so that he documents everything;
- Use a camera or smartphone and take pictures of the car from all sides. Fix the places of damage;
- Record the car’s mileage, which is visible on the dashboard. Take a picture of it and compare it with the testimony in the act;
- Check that the fuel level is at the maximum. The vehicle must be returned in the same condition. Although there are rental companies that have a different car return policy – you take a vehicle with a full tank and return it with an empty one;
- If you rent a car and travel with a child up to 12 years old (or up to 150 cm), the car must have a child seat or a booster seat. It can be rented from a rental company. The price of such an accessory for a week of rental can reach 70-100 dollars. So, having your own booster will save you money;
- When using under 25 car rental in Los Angeles, it is recommended to strictly follow traffic rules;
- Do not leave keys, documents, and any other valuables in the car;
- If there is a breakdown or an accident, you should inform the rental company instantly;
- Remember that before returning the car, you must refuel it if you have such rental conditions. Decide in advance which gas station you will stop at. Keep the refueling receipt until the company accepts the car and unlocks the money on your card;
- Return the car clean. The car must be washed before returning it. Pay attention to this so as not to be fined;
- When you arrive at the rental car return parking lot, take a photo of the odometer readings, full tank readings, take a photo of the car and its current condition;
- The car must be returned by the time specified in the contract. If you return a car in Los Angeles when the office is no longer open, an employee of the rental company should be informed about this. They will tell you how to act in such a case;
- After receiving the car, the car rental company will unlock the deposit, and the money will be returned to you. Only the car rental fee will be deducted;
Rent a car and get only pleasant experiences! We hope our tips will help you avoid common mistakes.