10 signs you should buy a new iPhone
Some people might say that buying a new iPhone is just a show-off. But for us, it is, first and foremost, the need to get a new device with a better camera, processor, and new features. A device that will help you work better, that will be a pleasure to hold, and that won’t make you foam at the mouth because of glitches, disconnections, or fast discharge.Thank you for reading this post, don't forget to subscribe!
How long do iPhones live and get updated?
Apple is the leader in the smartphone market in terms of sales. There is a noticeable trend of switching from Android to iPhone and purchasing more expensive devices. One of the reasons for this trend is that iPhone is about durability. If Xiaomi models get an update in three years, you have a good smartphone (most likely a flagship), because most of them rarely get firmware updates, not to mention the difficulty of getting parts for repairs or buying a case (Aliexpress is not included).
At the same time, even the iPhone 6 received an update in 2021, even though it was released in 2014. The iPhone 8, released in 2017, has been updated to the latest iOS 16 and works well. Heck, even the iPhone 5 is still quite usable (if you only need to make calls), and that’s 11 years after its release.
According to our observations, the average lifespan of an iPhone is 5 years. This is the optimal time when the device can serve you and not cause headaches. The time when all functions work properly and are enough to do their job properly. After five years, you already start to feel “a little off”, look towards users who have upgraded and think about upgrading.
Can I still use my iPhone after five years? Yes, of course. As we said above, you can use the device until all services stop supporting your software. If it’s convenient for you, why not? But if the version of your smartphone makes you feel uncomfortable or interferes with your work, you need to think about upgrading.
How do you know it’s time to update your iPhone?
We have prepared a small checklist. If you answer “yes” to most of the questions, you probably need to look at a newer iPhone model.
- My iPhone’s battery runs out quickly, which prevents me from being in touch.
- My device often glitches, disconnects, and it gets on my nerves.
- I am uncomfortable with the screen of my smartphone: it is too small, not enough for my tasks.
- Repairing my iPhone might cost more than buying a new one.
- I want to improve the quality of photos on my smartphone, maybe try blogging or making money with mobile photography.
- Some services on my iPhone don’t work because the software version is no longer supported.
- I don’t have enough memory on my iPhone because it’s full of photos and apps that I can’t delete.
- I am uncomfortable showing my smartphone or taking it out in the presence of friends or colleagues.
A smartphone is designed to make your life easier, not more complicated. You should be comfortable with it, whether it’s the latest iPhone 14 Pro Max or iPhone XR.
If you are satisfied with the model but don’t have enough memory, try buying more iCloud storage or swapping it for a used iPhone of the same model but with more storage. If you’re having battery problems, maybe it’s time to replace it? Or buy a compact power bank if you can’t afford to upgrade your iPhone yet.
A camera lens can help with photo quality, and there are plenty of them on the market now. As for the appearance, if you are uncomfortable with taking your smartphone out through the model, you can use special cases. It sounds like a cringe, but it will help relieve social tension if it is still difficult to get rid of the attitude of “who will think what.” However, it can be helpful to set aside the opinions of others and recognize that things that are considered shameful in high society do not equal being bad. For example, if you like cheap pizza from a stall, that’s adequate; if you use programs that can easily write my paper for me free, that’s convenient at least; if you have an old iPhone, the main thing is that it’s suitable to use.
The main idea is that you have to evaluate and understand when your equipment is working, can be useful to you, and when it is time to give it up in favor of something newer. Again, this could be a battery upgrade or a replacement with the same model with more internal storage, as long as you are comfortable with it.
Where can I get the money to buy a new iPhone?
We are well aware that it is very difficult to find “extra” money nowadays if you do not have a stable income or it is not that big yet. But it has never been easy either.
But maybe these tips will help you:
- Don’t buy an iPhone with your last dime, especially not the latest model.
- Don’t buy the latest model, look for a used one.
- Check out the exchange offers for your iPhone.
- Put your iPhone up for sale if you can.
- Analyze the market, and look for discounts.
- Consider buying a device as an investment in your work, hobby, etc.
- Ask your friends if they or someone you know can sell a smartphone cheaper.
Buying a new iPhone is a responsible step. And in 2023, you shouldn’t think of it as anything other than an investment in your time, your work, and your hobbies. If you need to upgrade, but don’t have the opportunity to do so yet, try to find ways out of the situation, ask how much it costs to replace the battery, buy a power bank, find free cloud storage, and transfer some of the files from your iPhone there. And gradually save up for a new device.